Fire Breaks out in Residential Building in Madhya Pradesh's Indore, 7 Injured
The fire started in the parking lot of the building in Alapura area around 4.30 am and soon spread to the first floor. The fire brigade personnel managed to rescue 14 persons.
Image for representation (Reuters)
Indore (MP): Seven persons, including two children, were injured as a fire broke out in a four-storey residential building in Indore city early Thursday morning, an official said.
The fire started in the parking lot of the building in Alapura area around 4.30 am and soon spread to the first floor, a fire brigade official said.
As the flames also engulfed the staircases, people were trapped in the building, he said. Fire brigade personnel rescued 14 persons by using hydraulic ladders. The blaze was brought under control after three hours.
Among the injured were a six-year-old girl and a ten-year-old boy. An 18-year-old woman received serious burn injuries, the official said, adding that all the injured persons were admitted to the government-run Maharaja Yashwantrao Hospital in the city. The fire appeared to have started due to a short circuit, he said.
Eight two-wheelers in the parking lot were completely destroyed. The probe is still on.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Netizens Troll Sonakshi Sinha After She Fails to Answer Simple Ramayan Question on KBC 11
- Netizens Compare Virat Kohli's Hairstyle in Throwback Picture with Salman Khan's Tere Naam Hairdo
- Hours After Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Telangana Farmhouse, Police Hint at Case of Suicide
- Area 51 Raid: Here's How Many People Turned Up, and What Really Happened
- OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7 Get OxygenOS 10 Based on Android 10 Update