Fire in Ahmedabad's Children Hospital, No Casualties Reported
"A fibre shed in the building caught fire, resulting in a lot of smoke in the premises. Two fire-fighting vehicles and four water tankers were rushed to the spot and the blaze was controlled in 15 minutes" as quoted by Ahmedabad's chief fire officer M F Dastur.
Ahmedabad: A fire broke out on Monday in a four-storey building housing a children's hospital in Ahmedabad, a city of Gujarat, an official said.
No casualty was reported in the mishap, he said.
The blaze erupted in a fibre shed on the terrace of the Dev Complex building, that has a children's hospital on the fourth floor, in the Parimal Garden area here, the fire official said.
According to the officials all the patients, mostly newborns admitted in the Apple Children Multi-Speciality Hospital were evacuated safely.
"A fibre shed in the building caught fire, resulting in a lot of smoke in the premises. Two fire-fighting vehicles and four water tankers were rushed to the spot and the blaze was controlled in 15 minutes," Ahmedabad’s civic body chief fire officer M F Dastur said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- In Pics: Malaika Arora Rings in Her 44th Birthday with Arjun Kapoor, Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor
- Sara Ali Khan's Bikini Pics from Sri Lankan Getaway Are Proof of Beachside Vacay Done Right
- 'Total Entertainment': Ravi Shastri's 'Iconic Line' on Team's Philosophy Takes Twitter by Storm
- Top WhatsApp Features Arriving With Upcoming Updates For iOS and Android
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Rs 222 Plan Vs. Airtel Rs 249 And Vodafone Rs 229 Recharge