Firecrackers at Noida Wedding Land Groom's Father in Trouble, FIR Lodged
The action was taken by the district administration over reports of bursting of firecrackers during the function at Sector 51 on Thursday night.
Image for representation.
Noida (UP): Bursting of firecrackers at a wedding function here has landed the groom's father and the event's organisers in trouble after an FIR was lodged against them for violating a ban on fireworks, officials said on Friday.
The action was taken by the district administration over reports of bursting of firecrackers during the function at Sector 51 on Thursday night, they said.
"The firecrackers were burst in violation of the guidelines and orders of the National Green Tribunal and a Supreme Court-mandated panel, amid such a high level of air pollution," City Magistrate, Noida, Shailendra Mishra, said.
He said an FIR against the groom's father and the function's organisers was registered under Section 15 of The Environment (Protection) Act, 1986.
The punishment for such violations could be Rs 5 lakh in penalty or imprisonment for up to one year, or both, Mishra said.
The district administration has warned all community centres, marriage halls to take caution and not violate laws and guidelines pertaining to pollution.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Mahira Sharma Should Play Independently, Says Her Mother
- Bigg Boss 13: Sidharth Shukla Down With Typhoid, Undergoing Treatment
- Counterfeit Xiaomi Products Worth Rs 13 Lakhs Seized From Delhi's Gaffar Market
- YouTube Rewind 2019 Seems to Have Outdone Itself in Being Bad, 'Lazy, and Low Budget'
- India vs West Indies | Our Responsibility is to Support Rishabh Pant: Virat Kohli