Firing at STF Post in Doda, Two Police Personnel Injured
Two Special Police Officers were seriously injured in a firing incident at a Special Task Force (STF) post in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir early on Monday, a senior police officer said.
Bhaderwah (Doda): Two Special Police Officers were seriously injured in a firing incident at a Special Task Force (STF) post in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir early on Monday, a senior police officer said.
"10-12 gun shots were heard from the STF Post, Tanta at 2 am, injuring both the on duty SPOs. One SPO received bullet injuries in his neck and the other in his abdomen," the police officer.
"We are investigating the matter, as it could be a result of rivalry or external attack as well. As of now, we have also started a search operation in the adjoining forest area as a precautionary measure," the officer said.
The injured SPOs are undergoing treatment at District Hospital Doda, from where they will be soon airlifted to Jammu for specialised treatment.
The injured SPOs have been identified as Kikar Singh and Mohd Younis.
Recommended For You
- News18 Immersive | From Ordinary Extra to Extraordinary: How BJP Broke the Kashmir Jinx
- Batti Gul Meter Chalu Wins the Weekend Round Against Manto, Earns Rs 23.26 Cr
- AFC U-16 Championship: Niraj Kumar's Heroics Helps India Earn Draw Against Iran
- Bigg Boss 12 Day 8 Written Updates: First Captains of the Season Kriti and Roshmi Punished For Breaking House Rules
- Toyota Century GRMN Luxury Sedan Spotted, CEO Akio Toyoda Shares Image on Instagram