Firing at STF Post in Doda, Two Police Personnel Injured
Two Special Police Officers were seriously injured in a firing incident at a Special Task Force (STF) post in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir early on Monday, a senior police officer said.
Bhaderwah (Doda): Two Special Police Officers were seriously injured in a firing incident at a Special Task Force (STF) post in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir early on Monday, a senior police officer said.
"10-12 gun shots were heard from the STF Post, Tanta at 2 am, injuring both the on duty SPOs. One SPO received bullet injuries in his neck and the other in his abdomen," the police officer.
"We are investigating the matter, as it could be a result of rivalry or external attack as well. As of now, we have also started a search operation in the adjoining forest area as a precautionary measure," the officer said.
The injured SPOs are undergoing treatment at District Hospital Doda, from where they will be soon airlifted to Jammu for specialised treatment.
The injured SPOs have been identified as Kikar Singh and Mohd Younis.
Recommended For You
- Five Ball Overs, Option to Bowl Two Consecutive Overs New Innovations in 'The Hundred'
- Suzuki Burgman Street 125 Scooter Launched in India for Rs 68,000
- Vivo NEX India Launch: Elevating Front Camera, Priced at Rs 44,990 And Available from July 21
- I'm Proud to be Identified As Shahid Kapoor's Brother, There is No Shame in It: Ishaan Khatter
- Salman Khan Chills 'Alone' in Mall, Apparently Nobody Recognizes Him; See Well-timed Video