Five Armymen Feared Dead in Avalanche in HP's Kinnaur, Body of One Jawan Recovered
The avalanche occurred at around 11 am near Shipkala on the Sino-India border in Himachal Pradesh's Kinnaur district.
Operation is underway to rescue five jawans trapped in snow after an avalanche hit them in Namgya region of Kinnaur district.
Shimla: Five jawans of Indian Army's JK Rifles unit were feared dead in an avalanche on the Sino-India border in Himachal Pradesh's Kinnaur district on Wednesday, officials said.
The body of one jawan had been recovered, whereas five bodies were yet to be traced, Kinnaur Deputy Commissioner Gopal Chand said.
The avalanche occurred at around 11 am near Shipkala on the Sino-India border, he added.
Several jawans of the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) were also trapped in the avalanche. However, they had been rescued, Chand said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Internet Sensation Ranu Mondal Speaks Out on Lata Mangeshkar's 'Imitation' Comment
- Renault Kwid Electric Launched In China at Rs 6.22 Lakh, Gets 271Km Electric Range
- Section 375 Movie Review: Akshaye Khanna, Richa Chadha's Performances Make for Compelling Courtroom Drama
- Delhi Airport Facial Recognition Trial Calls for Establishment of Cybersecurity Laws
- Irrfan Khan is in Mumbai After Undergoing Surgery, Confirms Spokesperson