Five Complaints of Mobile Phone Theft at Arun Jaitley's Cremation Filed, Says Delhi Police
Patanjali spokesperson SK Tijarawala had alleged that his mobile phone and that of 10 others, including Union minister Babul Supriyo, were stolen at the cremation on Sunday.
New Delhi: Five complaints have been filed with the Delhi Police over alleged mobile phone thefts during cremation of former finance minister Arun Jaitley at the Nigambodh Ghat here, officials said on Tuesday.
On Monday, Patanjali spokesperson SK Tijarawala had alleged that his mobile phone and that of 10 others, including Union minister Babul Supriyo, were stolen at the cremation on Sunday.
Police said they are tracking the mobile phones and also investigating the roles of gangs operating in the area.
"We received five online complaints at Kashmere Gate police station and FIRs were registered on the basis of the complaints. The mobile phones were immediately put on tracking mode but they are still switched off," a senior police officer said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- An Apple Watch Saved This Man’s Life by Calling For Help After a Bad Fall
- KTM 790 Duke to Launch in India Today, Watch it Live Here
- Has Your OnePlus 7 or OnePlus 7 Pro Received The Android 10 Update?
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes