Five CPI(M) Workers Sentenced to Life for Killing BJP Activist in Kerala
A sessions court in Kannur sentenced Thiruvangod residents Akhilesh (35), M Kalesh (36), M Lijesh (32), Vineesh (25) and P K Shaijosh (28) in the case.
Kannur: A sessions court here on Friday sentenced five CPI(M) workers to life imprisonment for hacking to death a BJP activist in 2008.
Thalassery Additional District Sessions court judge P N Vinod also slapped a fine of Rs 1 lakh each on the convicts for murdering K V Surendran (62).
The court sentenced Thiruvangod residents Akhilesh (35), M Kalesh (36), M Lijesh (32), Vineesh (25) and P K Shaijosh (28) in the case.
It also directed that the fine amount be paid to the family of Surendran.
The court, however, acquitted two persons in the case.
The prosecution case was that the convicts hacked to death Surendran at his house on March 8, 2008 to settle political scores.
The court relied on the testimonies of witnesses, including the prime witness Soumya, wife of the deceased.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Kapil Sharma's Wife Ginni Chatrath Flaunts Baby Bump on Movie Outing
- Prabhas and Raveena Tandon Dance on 'Tip Tip Barsa Pani' on Nach Baliye 9
- Ira Khan Shares Romantic Pic With Boyfriend Mishaal, But Her Caption Spark Concern Among Netizens
- Woman Whose Rendition of Lata Mangeshkar Classic Went Viral Records Song for Himesh Reshammiya
- NASA’s Next Moon Landing Will be Powered by The Aitken Supercomputer Made by HP