Five Dead as Car Falls into Gorge on Jammu-Srinagar Highway
The rescuers immediately swung into action and pulled out the bodies of five persons from the damaged vehicle.
Banihal: Five people, travelling in a private car, were killed on Tuesday when their vehicle skidded off the road and fell into a deep gorge on the Jammu-Srinagar national highway, police said.
The car was on way to Srinagar from Jammu. It rolled down a 400-feet gorge near Devsole in Panthiyalarea of Ramban district late this evening, a police official said.
He said the rescuers immediately swung into action and pulled out the bodies of five persons from the damaged vehicle.
Four of the deceased have been identified as Vikram Singh and Sikandar Singh of Kathua district, Sushil Kumar of Jammu and Avtar Singh of Samba district, the official said. He said the identity of the fifth deceased is being ascertained.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- How a 27-Year-Old's Initiative to Save Stray Dogs Landed Him a 'Dream' Job with Ratan Tata
- Shah Rukh Khan's Congratulatory Tweet on Acid Attack Survivor's Wedding Wins the Internet
- 'Gonna Tell My Kids' is the Newest Meme in Town and Desi Twitter Has Given a Hilarious Twist to it
- Kartik Aaryan Tries to Troll Ananya Panday for Her Pants, She Shuts Him up with Epic Response
- Everyone is Keen to Play in Srinagar: I-League CEO Confident Real Kashmir Games Will be Safe