Five, Including 4 of a Family, Drown in Gujarat River; 5 Others Rescued
The incident occurred on Tuesday afternoon when about 10 farm labourers went to Keri River near Chada village to take bath after lunch.
Ahmedabad: Five people, including four of a family, were drowned in a river near Bhavnagar district’s Juna Ratanpar village on Tuesday afternoon, while five others were rescued.
The deceased were identified as Girdhar Solanki (50), Gopal Solanki (17), Mahesh Solanki (16), Nisha Solanki (16) and Bhavna Solanki (18).
According to police officials, the incident occurred on Tuesday afternoon when about 10 farm labourers went to Keri River near Chada village to take bath after lunch. The group could not gauge the depth of river and one of them started drowning. As his family members rushed to rescue him, they too drowned.
The news about the incident spread in the Juna Ratanpar village and locals rushed to the spot and recued five of them. The rescued people were taken to the nearby government hospital for treatment.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Aamir Khan's Daughter Ira Khan Shares Saturday Night Expectation vs Reality Post
- Tom Hiddleston Reveals Chris Hemsworth Punched Him While Filming The Avengers
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Mini SUV Officially Teased Ahead of September 30 Launch: Watch Video
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough