Five Pakistani Nationals Arrested for Allegedly Smuggling Drugs Into India
Nearly 35 packets of suspected drugs were seized from the five men near Jakhau coast in Kutch district.
Image for representation.
Ahmedabad: Five Pakistani nationals onboard a boat were apprehended mid-sea off Gujarat coast on Monday morning when they were allegedly trying to smuggle drugs into the state, police said.
Nearly 35 packets of suspected drugs were seized from the five men near Jakhau coast in Kutch district, Superintendent of Police, Kutch-West, Saurabh Tolumbia said.
The early morning operation in the Arabian Sea was carried out by teams of Kutch Police's Special Operation Group, Gujarat Anti-Terrorism Squad and the Indian Coast Guard, he said.
"We have arrested five Pakistani nationals and seized about 35 packets of suspected drugs from them near Jakhau. We have also seized their boat," the official said.
A team from a forensic science laboratory has been called in to examine the contraband and ascertain its type, he added.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Twitterati’s Counter to Chris Hemsworth's Extraction Trailer Will Leave You In Splits
- Social Distancing, Babysitting, Air-drying Shirts – Who All Make India Quarantine XI?
- Kerala Police Uses Ravi Shastri's 'Tracer Bullet' Commentary to Remind They Are Watching You
- OnePlus 8 Pro Wireless Charging Feature Confirmed, 30W Wireless Charger Leaks
- Sony PlayStation 5 DualSense Controller With Adaptive Triggers is Here