Five Security Personnel Injured in Grenade Attack in J&K's Anantnag
The incident reportedly occurred when the militants among a crowd lobbed a grenade at the security forces in Arwani area of Bijbehara.
Srinagar: Five security personnel were injured in a grenade attack by suspected militants in Jammu and Kashmir's Anantnag district on Saturday, police said.
The incident occurred when the militants among a crowd lobbed a grenade at the security forces in Arwani area of Bijbehara, a police spokesperson said.
Five security forces' personnel sustained injuries and were evacuated to a hospital, where they were discharged after first-aid treatment, the spokesperson said.
A case has been registered and an investigation is on, he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Shashi Tharoor Slams Pakistan's 'Vituperative Mudslinging', Twitter Brings Out Dictionary
- Gautam Kumar Jha Becomes Third Crorepati on KBC, Quits at Rs 7 Crore Question
- Alexa, Pay my Mobile Bill: India Gets Amazon Pay And Alexa Payments Feature First
- Truecaller Makes a Big Privacy Pitch as Focus on Instant Messaging Intensifies
- FASTag Will Soon be Mandatory For Your Car: This is How The Digital Payment Tag Works