Five Workers Including 3 Women Killed in Fireworks Factory Blaze in TN
Five workers, including three women, were killed and four others injured in a fire that broke out at a fireworks factory in Sivakasi on Saturday.
Image only for representational purpose only.
Tamil Nadu: Five workers, including three women, were killed and four others injured in a fire that broke out at a fireworks factory in Sivakasi on Saturday.
Police sources said, the incident took place, when one of the workers was mixing chemicals required to manufacture crackers inside factory shed.
"Suddenly, there was a blast reportedly caused due to friction. All injured workers were rushed to a nearby government hospital with severe burn injuries," he said.
Four sheds of the factory were gutted in the fire he said, adding that the cause of the fire is being probed.
The district administration has ordered a probe and summoned the factory owner to join their investigation.
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- None of the Avengers Can Beat Thanos' Hilarious #10YearChallenge, See Post
- Roger Federer to Play French Open for First Time Since 2015
- Sridevi Bungalow: Janhvi Kapoor Walks Away When Asked About Priya Prakash Varrier Film
- TRAI’s New Rules For Cable & DTH: Everything You Need to Know Ahead of the Feb 1 Deadline
- Could Facebook be Hit With Record Fine For Privacy Violations Involving Our Information?
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s