Five Workers Including 3 Women Killed in Fireworks Factory Blaze in TN
Five workers, including three women, were killed and four others injured in a fire that broke out at a fireworks factory in Sivakasi on Saturday.
Image only for representational purpose only.
Tamil Nadu: Five workers, including three women, were killed and four others injured in a fire that broke out at a fireworks factory in Sivakasi on Saturday.
Police sources said, the incident took place, when one of the workers was mixing chemicals required to manufacture crackers inside factory shed.
"Suddenly, there was a blast reportedly caused due to friction. All injured workers were rushed to a nearby government hospital with severe burn injuries," he said.
Four sheds of the factory were gutted in the fire he said, adding that the cause of the fire is being probed.
The district administration has ordered a probe and summoned the factory owner to join their investigation.
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh Wedding: Twitter Breaks Out in Memes As DeepVeer Fans Wait For Photos
- Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 Launched in India for Rs 2.5 Lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 Lakh
- Parineeti Slams Report That Claimed She Will not be a Bridesmaid at Priyanka Chopra's Wedding
- Ranji Trophy Takeaways: Jadejas Shine for Saurashtra; Jalaj Saxena Picks Seven for Kerala
- Petta: After 2.0, Watch Rajinikanth Once More in Pongal Release