Five Youths Rape 16-year-old Girl After Calling Her to Birthday Party, Upload Clip on Social Media
The youths served her a sedative-laced drink and took her to a hotel in Bazariya market railway road here, where they committed the crime, police said.
Image for representation.
Ghaziabad: A minor girl was allegedly raped by five youths in a hotel here, police said on Thursday.
Superintendent of Police Shlok Kumar said the girl, 16, was gang-raped when she had gone to attend the birthday party of her friend on September 25.
The youths served her a sedative-laced drink and took her to a hotel in Bazariya market railway road here, where they committed the crime. They threatened her of dire consequences if she disclosed it before parents or police, he said.
The accused also shot a video of the act and uploaded it on social networking sites, the SP added.
The girl narrated the incident to her parents following which they approached the police, Kumar said.
An FIR was lodged against Shahrukh, Chand, Shadab, Rahees and Shaheed under Section 375 (rape) of the Indian Penal Code and The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO Act).
While Shahrukh was arrested Thursday, the four others are still at large, the SP said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- On Aarav's Birthday, Akshay Kumar Says He is Glad to Be on His Son's Speed Dial
- Internet Sensation Ranu Mondal Speaks Out on Lata Mangeshkar's 'Imitation' Comment
- Denmark Buys 4 Elephants from Circus to Protect Their Rights and Welfare
- Delhi Airport Facial Recognition Trial Calls for Establishment of Cybersecurity Laws
- Apple TV Plus Shows, Prices Compared with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar, Zee5