Flight Operations between Pithoragarh and Hindon Begin
The Heritage Aviation aircraft, which took off at 11.30 am, was scheduled to land at the Hindon civil airport at 12.30 pm, an aviation firm official said.
Hindon Airport. (Image: ANI)
Pithoragarh: A private aircraft with nine passengers on board took off from Naini-Saini airport here on Friday, marking the start of flight operations between this hill town and the Hindon airport in the National Capital Region.
It is being seen as a boost to air connectivity between the border district and the NCR.
The Heritage Aviation aircraft, which took off at 11.30 am, was scheduled to land at the Hindon civil airport at 12.30 pm, an aviation firm official here said.
The one-hour flight will depart daily from Pithoragarh, Heritage Aviation Manager MS Dhami said.
The one coming from Hindon will take off every day at 1 pm and arrive at Naini-Saini airport at 2 pm, Dhami said.
The fare from Pithoragarh to Hindon per passenger is Rs 2,470 while the return flight will cost Rs 2,270, he said. It takes nearly 18 hours by road to reach the NCR from Pithoragarh.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Great News For Music Lovers: Spotify is Finally Getting Warner Music Group Catalogue in India
- PhonePe Has Launched a Coronavirus Insurance Policy For Rs 156 With Rs 50,000 Cover
- Woman Attends Online Meeting as a 'Potato' after Accidentally Switching on the Snapchat Filter
- COVID19 is Airborne? SARS-CoV-2 Stays in The Air And on Your Phone, Says New Study
- OnePlus 8 Confirmed to Feature Snapdragon 865 SoC, UFS 3.0 Storage, LPDDR5 RAM