For 23-year-Old Delhi Man, an Ankle Massage Proves to be Fatal
The autopsy confirmed that the clot, measuring 5X1 cm, got dislodged due to the massage and travelled to the lungs, causing an obstruction and leading to instant death.
Picture for Representation. (Photo: Getty Images)
New Delhi: A 23-year-old man died in AIIMS after his injured leg was massaged by his mother. The victim had injured his left ankle while playing badminton last year.
The incident came to light during a post-mortem carried out by AIIMS doctors.
The deceased, a resident of Delhi, had injured his left ankle and was shifted to a hospital where a cast was placed to immobilise the leg.
On October 17, the cast was removed and patient was able to walk normally. Later, he complained of pain and swelling in the left calf, left ankle and foot following which tests were carried out which revealed the presence of a blood clot in the leg vein.
According to Dr Behera, the man was brought to the emergency department of AIIMS on October 31 in an unconscious state. CPR was initiated but the patient could not be revived and was declared dead.
with PTI Inputs
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh's Latest Pic from Chooda Ceremony is All Things Love; See Here
- Watch Crowd Go Crazy As Avengers 4 Star Chris Hemsworth Bids Adieu to India
- Alyque Padamsee, Ad Man & Thespian, Passes Away at 90; PM Modi and Nation Mourn
- 1st Ducati Panigale V4 Speciale Superbike Worth Rs 51.81 Lakh Arrives in India
- Here's Everything About the Food Served at Deepika & Ranveer's Konkani-Sindhi Wedding