For 23-year-Old Delhi Man, an Ankle Massage Proves to be Fatal
The autopsy confirmed that the clot, measuring 5X1 cm, got dislodged due to the massage and travelled to the lungs, causing an obstruction and leading to instant death.
Picture for Representation. (Photo: Getty Images)
New Delhi: A 23-year-old man died in AIIMS after his injured leg was massaged by his mother. The victim had injured his left ankle while playing badminton last year.
The incident came to light during a post-mortem carried out by AIIMS doctors.
The deceased, a resident of Delhi, had injured his left ankle and was shifted to a hospital where a cast was placed to immobilise the leg.
On October 17, the cast was removed and patient was able to walk normally. Later, he complained of pain and swelling in the left calf, left ankle and foot following which tests were carried out which revealed the presence of a blood clot in the leg vein.
According to Dr Behera, the man was brought to the emergency department of AIIMS on October 31 in an unconscious state. CPR was initiated but the patient could not be revived and was declared dead.
with PTI Inputs
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Kartik Aaryan Says He is Ready For a Coffee Date with Sara Ali Khan, Asks Time and Place
- Super Over Thriller, Stunning Last Ball Catch Decide WBBL Finalists
- Need to Focus on Alternative Fuels: Union Minister Nitin Gadkari
- 'Mahi Maar Raha Hai': Twitter Hails Dhoni as India Register Historic ODI Series Win in Australia
- The 10 Year Challenge on Facebook: Intelligent Algorithms Aside, Are we The Product, Again?
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s