For Every New A320neo, Ground an Old Plane with Unmodified Engines, DGCA Tells IndiGo
Efforts undertaken by IndiGo to replace all unmodified engines on A320neo aircraft, according to the DGCA's instructions, do not instill enough confidence with regard to the timely completion of the said task.
Image for representation.
New Delhi: Aviation regulator DGCA on Monday instructed IndiGo to ensure that it grounds an old A320neo family aircraft with an unmodified Pratt and Whitney (PW) engine for ever new A320neo plane added to its fleet.
"Now onwards, every aircraft that is added to the existing fleet, shall lead to one of those with unmodified engines to be grounded... the new aircraft may be operated on the same schedule as was being operated by the aircraft, which will be grounded," said a senior DGCA official.
Efforts undertaken by IndiGo to replace all unmodified PW engines on A320neo family aircraft by January 31 next year, according to the DGCA's instructions, do not "instill enough confidence with regard to the timely completion of the said task", the official noted.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- #AmbedkarLongLive: Twitter Fondly Remembers BR Ambedkar on His 63rd Death Anniversary
- Hyderabad Encounter: Petition Filed in NHRC Seeking Autopsy of Bodies of the Rape Accused
- Data Protection Law Gets Closer to Reality With Stiff Penalties for Data Leaks And Breaches
- Counterfeit Xiaomi Products Worth Rs 13 Lakhs Seized From Delhi's Gaffar Market
- Former Mumbai Cricketer Robin Morris Arrested Over Alleged Kidnapping: Report