New Delhi: Two years after an employee of TERI took on the mighty RK Pachuari, and accused him of sexual and mental harassment, the forensic lab reports have been tabled in the court. The report, copy of which has been accessed by News18 says that the text messages, the WhatsApp chats and the email communication recovered from the devices of RK Pachauri are similar to those which were submitted by the complainant.
The report also goes on to say "Any suspected I unusual activities was not seen in the cell phone EXh-A &P and IPad Exh-D and was not remotely operated... Any suspected / unusual activities was not seen in the event log of the computer storage media hard disks EXh-B, Exh-HC, Exh-HE and Exh-HF and was not remotely operated".
This is important because when the then employee filed a complaint with the police, then TERI supremo RK Pachauri told the cops as well as the court that he did not have any information about these emails and all his phone and email id was hacked to send these messages. He had also hinted at a conspiracy to malign him by this move.
The report thus exposes that the first line of defense taken by Pachauri and his legal team was untrue. When asked to comment about the development, the complainant told News18 "I am yet to obtain a certified copy of the report. Learning from what the media is reporting, the FSL report moves closer to uphold the truth. Completion of the FSL investigation and its subsequent filing by police is a huge step forward. I am eager to study the report. The truth will be victorious."
She went on to say Pachauri should be penalized for lying to court "I sincerely hope, requisite action is taken against the accused for lying to court and investigating agencies. This was a waste of public resources and valuable time of agencies such as FSL which already remain burdened."
The police had chargesheeted the former chief of The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) under the Indian Penal Code's sections 354A (advances involving unwelcome and explicit sexual overtures), 354B (using criminal force against a woman), 354D (stalking), 509 (word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) and 341 (wrongful restraint).
Pachauri stepped down as the chairperson of the UN Inter-governmental Panel on Climate Change in February last year and proceeded on leave from TERI, where he was the director general.
On 8 February, 2016, Pachauri was appointed as executive vice chairman of the organisation. Following severe criticism, he went on indefinite leave from the organisation on 12 February, 2016.
Some of the key points from the Supplementary Chargesheet and FSL reports are as follows:
1. Call Log, Chats (included related WhatsApp Chats), Contacts, Cookies, Installed Applications, MMS Messages, Notes, Passwords, SMS Messages, User Accounts, Web Bookmarlts, Web history, Applications, Audio files, Images, Video files etc. Were retrieved fioin the Cellphone Exh-A ae copied on a sterile DVD-R (fiom lab. stock) and attached at Annexure-A. 2.
2. WhatsApp messages similar to the content of the WhatsApp messages received along with the police forwarding note were found present in the Cell phone Exh-A.
3. Text messages SMS between the Mobile Number 'XXXX' and 'YYYYYY' were found present in the Cell phone Exh-A. Some of these messages were found similar with the content SMS messages received along with the police forwarding note.
4. Email communications similar to the content of Email messages received along with the police forwarding note were not found present in the Cell phone.
5. Text fragments similar to the text of Email messages received along with the police forwarding note.
6. Malware I key logger I spy were not found present/' installed in the computer storage media hard disks Exh-B, Exh-HC, Exh-HE and Exh-HF.
7. Any suspected I unusual activities was not seen in the cell phone EXh-A &P and IPad Exh-D and was not remotely operated.
8. Any suspected / unusual activities was not seen in the event log of the computer storage media hard disks EXh-B, Exh-HC, Exh-HE and Exh-HF and was not remotely operated.