Former Bihar Chief Minister Jagannath Mishra Passes Away Aged 82
Condoling his demise, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar announced a three-day state mourning.
File photo of former Bihar chief minister Jagannath Mishra who passed away in New Delhi, Monday, Aug 19, 2019, after a prolonged illness. He was 82. (PTI Photo)
Patna: Former Bihar Chief Minister and JD(U) leader Jagannath Mishra passed away on Monday following a prolonged illness. The 82-year-old leader had been suffering from cancer and was undergoing treatment at the national capital, where he breathed his last in the morning, the family members said.
Condoling his demise, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar announced a three-day state mourning.
“He was an acclaimed political leader and educationist. His death has caused an irreparable loss not just to Bihar but the entire country,” Kumar said in a message.
Governor Phagu Chauhan also condoled the death of Mishra and recalled his contributions as a three-time chief Minister and, later, as a Union minister.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Watch Dia Mirza's Reaction When Kapil Sharma Offered to Flirt with Her
- Paris Hilton Talks About Failed Engagement with Chris Zylka, Says 'I Deserve Someone Amazing'
- This Is Why Daniel Craig Was Not 'Allowed' To Drive The Iconic James Bond Car
- PUBG Mobile 0.17.0 Update Confirmed to Launch on March 3, Death Replay Confirmed
- 'Macrostylis Metallicola': Deep-Sea Creature Discovered in Pacific Ocean Named After Metallica