Former Bihar Chief Minister Jagannath Mishra Passes Away Aged 82
Condoling his demise, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar announced a three-day state mourning.
File photo of former Bihar chief minister Jagannath Mishra who passed away in New Delhi, Monday, Aug 19, 2019, after a prolonged illness. He was 82. (PTI Photo)
Patna: Former Bihar Chief Minister and JD(U) leader Jagannath Mishra passed away on Monday following a prolonged illness. The 82-year-old leader had been suffering from cancer and was undergoing treatment at the national capital, where he breathed his last in the morning, the family members said.
Condoling his demise, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar announced a three-day state mourning.
“He was an acclaimed political leader and educationist. His death has caused an irreparable loss not just to Bihar but the entire country,” Kumar said in a message.
Governor Phagu Chauhan also condoled the death of Mishra and recalled his contributions as a three-time chief Minister and, later, as a Union minister.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Happy Daughter’s Day 2019: Meet the Famous Father-Daughter Duo of Bollywood
- Sonakshi Sinha Replies to People Trolling Her For Not Answering KBC Ramayan Question
- Deepak Punia Books Tokyo Olympics Quota After Entering Semis at World Wrestling Championships
- OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7 Get OxygenOS 10 Based on Android 10 Update
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year