Former MP Kavitha is TRS Nominee in Telangana Legislative Council Bypoll
K Chandrasekhar Rao, the president of TRS, finalised the candidature of Kavitha and she would file her nomination on Wednesday, TRS sources said.
File image of TRS MP K Kavitha.
Hyderabad: The ruling TRS in Telangana on Wednesday announced former MP and Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao's daughter K Kavitha as its candidate in the bypoll to the state Legislative Council from Nizamabad Local Authorities' constituency.
Rao, the president of TRS, finalised the candidature of Kavitha and she would file her nomination on Wednesday, TRS sources said. Kavitha represented Nizamabad in the Lok Sabha earlier. However, she lost the 2019 Lok Sabha poll in Nizamabad to BJP's D Aravind.
The bypoll from Nizamabad Local Authorities'constituency was necessitated due to the disqualification of TRS MLC R Bhoopathi Reddi last year after he joined the Congress. The last date for filing nominations in the bypoll is March 19 (Thursday) and the poll would be held on April 7.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- #PlayApartTogether: What is up WHO? Should we Play Video Games or Not Play Video Games?
- Airtel Prepaid Users Get Extended Validity And Additional Talktime; 80 Million Users Benefit
- Rare Pic of Kareena Kapoor from Her Wedding Day Surfaces on the Internet, See Here
- Italian Hospitals Are Using Snorkelling Masks to Combat Shortage of Respirators
- Lionel Messi Announces FC Barcelona Players Taking 70 Per Cent Cut on Salaries Amid Coronavirus