Former PDP Worker Shot at by Militants in South Kashmir's Anantnag
He received bullet injuries in his abdomen and thigh and was rushed to the district hospital where his condition is stated to be stable.
Anantnag: Militants on Saturday opened fire at a former PDP worker in Anantnag district of Jammu and Kashmir, leaving him injured, police said.
Sajad Hussain Mantoo was shot at by the militants at his residence in Kokernag area of Anantnag, they said. Mantoo received bullet injuries in his abdomen and thigh and was rushed to the district hospital, the police said, adding that his condition is stated to be stable.
The reason behind the attack is not known yet, a police official said.
Mantoo was formerly associated with the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Does Street Dancer 3D Have What it Takes to Stand Out as a Dance Film?
- Haunting Rendition of Faiz's 'Hum Dekhenge' with Tagore's 'Where Mind is Without Fear' Moves Twitter
- Fan Asks Shah Rukh Khan the Rent of a Room in Mannat, Superstar Quotes This Price
- Tata Motors is Now the Safest Indian Car Manufacturer With Two 5-Star and Two 4-Star Rated Cars
- WhatsApp Users, Dark Mode is Finally Rolling Out With Beta For Android: Here is How to Use it