Former Rajya Sabha Member Pyarimohan Mahapatra No More
Pyarimohan Mohapatra, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik's former Man Friday, passed away in Hinduja hospital at 9:15 PM on Sunday in Mumbai, family sources confirmed the news to CNN-News18.
File photo of Pyarimohan Mohapatra (PTI Photo)
Bhubaneswar: Pyarimohan Mohapatra, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik's former Man Friday, passed away in Hinduja hospital at 9:15 PM on Sunday in Mumbai, family sources confirmed the news to CNN-News18.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has condoled the death of former MP Pyarimohan Mohapatra and has conveyed his deep sympathy to the bereaved family.
Mohapatra, who is also founder of Odisha Jana Morcha, a political outfit, was put on life support system at a private hospital after his health condition turned critical on Friday morning.
Mohapatra had undergone two surgeries after he was detected with a malignant tumour in lungs. He was also administered chemotherapy for the ailment.
A long-time mentor of Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik before their bitter fallout in 2012, the former IAS officer was the master strategist of the regional party days after it was formed in 1997.
However, he had bitter separation with Naveen as the latter sacked him from the party in 2012 accusing Pyari of plotting to stage a coup to dethrone him when the CM was on a foreign tour.
Recommended For You
- Simmba: Ranveer Singh-Sara Ali Khan’s Tere Bin Will Take You Back to Yash Chopra’s Romantic Songs
- Makdee Actor Shweta Basu Prasad Marries Boyfriend Rohit Mittal in a Bengali Ceremony, See Pics
- Meet The Manipur Startup Recreating Tea With Grandma's Secret Recipes Filled With Nostalgia
- Alia Bhatt Gives Hilarious Response to a Fan Who Asked If He Could Call Her 'Alia Kapoor'
- YouTube's 'Chill' Response to the Most Disliked Video Gets a Thumbs Down From Fans
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s