Former RJD MP Shahabuddin’s Nephew Shot Dead in Bihar’s Siwan
Former RJD MP Mohammad Shahabuddin was convicted of murder on December 9, 2015 and sentenced to life imprisonment.
Former RJD MP Mohammad Shahabuddin’s nephew Yusuf who was shot dead in Siwan. (Image: ANI/Twitter)
New Delhi: Former RJD MP Mohammad Shahabuddin’s nephew Yusuf was shot dead in Siwan on Friday night, news agency ANI reported.
The town of Siwan was caught in a protest following the murder. Hundreds of angry villagers, mostly Shahabuddin's supporters, blocked roads and demanded action.
Yusuf was shot in Siwan's Pratappur village by unidentified persons late on Friday, the police said.
"He was rushed to the hospital where he was declared dead. At the accident spot, we have found one empty gun and three bullets. We are now conducting the investigation at the places near the accident site," police officer Naveen Chandra Jha said.
The police are yet to find the what led to the murder.
Gangster-turned-politician Shahabuddin is a close aide of RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav. He was convicted of murder on December 9, 2015 and sentenced to life imprisonment. He has at least 63 cases of murder of kidnapping against his name.
Shahabuddin is currently in Delhi's Tihar jail.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Inspired by 50s Puppet Show or Just for Appeal? Internet is Wondering What 'Howdy Modi' Means
- Salman Khan Miffed with Ranbir Kapoor's Tentative Film's Title Devil?
- After Burning it Out at The Gym, Disha Patani Slays the Dance Floor with Killer Moves
- Your iPhone is Going to Change Today With iOS 13, And Here is What You Will Get
- Unidentified, Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Farmhouse in Telangana