Former Union Minister Arun Shourie Hospitalised after Fall in Pune, Receives Minor Head Injury
Arun Shourie, 78, fainted late Sunday night and was rushed to the private hospital, the doctor said. The former MP received a minor head injury after he fainted, he added.
File photo of former Union Minister and eminent journalist Arun Shourie.
Pune: Former Union minister Arun Shourie sustained a minor head injury after he fainted and has been admitted to a hospital here, a doctor there said on Monday.
Shourie, 78, fainted late Sunday night and was rushed to the private hospital, the doctor said. The former MP received a minor head injury after he fainted, he added.
"All necessary tests have been performed and he is currently under observation. He is conscious," the doctor said.
Shourie is a former Rajya Sabha member from the BJP and was Union minister for communications, information technology and disinvestment in the Atal Bihari Vajpayee-led government during 1999-2004.
A prolific writer, he has also served as an economist with the World Bank during 1967-1978. He was also the Editor of The Indian Express.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Dedicates India's T20I Win to Anushka Sharma, Says It's Special Wedding Anniversary Gift
- Salman Khan to Quit Bigg Boss 13 Owing to Health Conditions, Farah Khan May Take Over
- Google 2019 Trends: Kabir Singh to Avengers Endgame, Top 10 Movies of the Year
- India’s Personal Data Protection Bill is Heading For Review: Everything You Must Know
- Pakistani Fans Roast 'Injured' Pacer Hasan Ali for Walking Down the Ramp With 'Rib Fractures'