Foul Smell from Locked Room at Rashtrapati Bhavan Leads to Dead Body
The man was a Class IV employee and worked at the President's Secretariat. Police suspect that the body was lying there for two-three days and the man's family was out of town.
File Photo by Getty Images
New Delhi: The body of a man was found inside the servant quarters of the Rashtrapati Bhavan, police said on Friday.
The man was a Class IV employee and worked at the President's Secretariat. He was unwell for some time, they added.
On Thursday, a foul smell was emanating from the servant quarters, following which the neighbours alerted the police. The room was found to be locked from inside, police said.
The body was sent for autopsy and no foul play was suspected, they said.
Police suspect that the body was lying there for two-three days and the man's family was out of town.
Recommended For You
- Pakistan Fans Trashing Their Own Team After India’s World Cup Victory is Pure Gold
- Elon Musk Tweets That He 'Deleted Twitter Account', is Now 'Daddy DotCom'
- Maruti Suzuki Launches BS-VI-Compliant WagonR at Rs 5.10 Lakh
- This Couple’s Combined India-Pakistan Jersey at World Cup is Why We Love Cricket
- Sudan-Bound Turkish Airlines Flight Returned to Istanbul After a Passenger Creates Ruckus Midair
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s