Four Alleged Cattle Thieves Arrested After Opening Fire at UP Police
The accused, who were carrying five buffaloes in a mini truck, have confessed to have stolen 36 cattle at different places in the past.
Image for representation.
Muzaffarnagar: Four alleged cattle thieves, who were carrying five buffaloes in a mini truck, have been arrested after they opened fire at police in a checkpost on the highway here, officials said on Monday.
The mini truck was intercepted at the Vibala checkpost on the Meerut-Karnal highway under Budhana police station range on Sunday evening, Circle Officer Girja Shanker Tripathi told newsmen here. He said one of the accused opened fire at the police when they tried to stop the vehicle but were later contained.
The officer added that they have seized the buffaloes, mini truck and pistol used in the firing. The accused men have confessed to have stolen 36 cattle at different places in the past, Tripathi claimed.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra Review: This is The Android Superphone You Were Waiting For
- Vicky Kaushal, Ananya Panday, Parineeti Chopra Awestruck by Super Pink Moon
- WhatsApp: Three New Features Coming to the Popular Messaging App
- Selena Gomez Says Having a Boyfriend is 'Nowhere Near the Top' of Her Priority List During Pandemic
- How Sadio Mane's Father's Death at 7 Influenced Him to Build a 1st Hospital in His Village in Senegal