Andhra Pradesh Superfast Express Catches Fire Near Gwalior, No Injuries Reported
Fire tenders have been rushed to the spot and rescue operations are underway. No casualties have been reported yet.
New Delhi: Two coaches of the Andhra Pradesh Superfast AC Express caught fire near Birla Nagar in Gwalior on Monday. The train was on its way from New Delhi to Vishakhapatnam. No casualties have been reported yet.
The fire started from the B-6 bogie and quickly engulfed the adjacent coach. "The fire spread from B-6 to B-5 coaches. Six coaches were segregated and sent to Gwalior. All passengers in the affected coaches were evacuated, No injuries have been reported so far," said Ved Prakash, director, publicity, Railway Board.
The train was sent on its way after the damaged coaches were segregated and the blaze controlled, officials said. Sources said a short-circuit may have led to the fire but investigations are still on to determine the exact cause.
Earlier, there were reports that coaches of a Rajdhani express caught fire but they were found to be incorrect.
With PTI inputs.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Mouni Roy Shares Romantic Moment with Salman Khan, Dances to Odhni Song
- How a Wheelchair Taxi Service is Helping Specially-Abled Voters in Mumbai Reach Poll Booths
- Here's How Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas Decided to 'Chill' After a Concert Night
- Flipkart Big Diwali Sale: Get Samsung’s The Frame QLED Smart TV at Rs 72,000
- OnePlus TVs Will Get The Netflix App Soon, But We Don’t Know Exactly When