Four Dalit Youths Beaten Up for 'Eating Beef' in Karnataka
Four dalit youths were allegedly attacked by the activists of Bajrang Dal in Karnataka for 'eating beef'.
Bengaluru: Four dalit youths including a physically challenged person were allegedly attacked by the activists of Bajrang Dal at Jayapura village in Chikmagalur district in Karnataka for 'eating beef'.
The attack has come to light even as Gujarat is burning over a similar atrocity on Dalits in Una.
On July 17, a gang of 30-40 Bajrang Dal members barged into the house of a Dalit family, beat them up with sticks and threatened them with machetes.
The incident, however, came to light only on July 23. The attackers warned Dalits that if they didn't stop eating beef, they would be killed.
A case of assault has been registered, accused have been released on bail. Dalit groups are demanding that accused should be booked under the SC/ST atrocities act.
Recommended For You
- Nick Jonas Explains Meaning of 'Saat Pheras' with Priyanka Chopra on US Chat Show
- ICJ Rules in favour of India: A Timeline of Kulbhushan Jadhav Case
- Watch: Airline Passenger Caught Using Toes to Scroll Through In-Flight Entertainment
- Priyanka Chopra Posts Special Note to 'J Sister' Sophie Turner After Emmy Nomination
- People are Using FaceApp's Aging Filter to Compare Selfies with Photos of their Parents