Four Dalit Youths Beaten Up for 'Eating Beef' in Karnataka
Four dalit youths were allegedly attacked by the activists of Bajrang Dal in Karnataka for 'eating beef'.
Bengaluru: Four dalit youths including a physically challenged person were allegedly attacked by the activists of Bajrang Dal at Jayapura village in Chikmagalur district in Karnataka for 'eating beef'.
The attack has come to light even as Gujarat is burning over a similar atrocity on Dalits in Una.
On July 17, a gang of 30-40 Bajrang Dal members barged into the house of a Dalit family, beat them up with sticks and threatened them with machetes.
The incident, however, came to light only on July 23. The attackers warned Dalits that if they didn't stop eating beef, they would be killed.
A case of assault has been registered, accused have been released on bail. Dalit groups are demanding that accused should be booked under the SC/ST atrocities act.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Aamir Khan Looks Like a Hobo in Leaked Pics from Laal Singh Chaddha Sets
- Watch | Son Heung-min Scores Solo Stunner as Tottenham Hotspur Crush Burnley 5-0
- Thief Calls Houseowner 'Kanjoos' in a Note after He Returns Empty-Handed
- Apple iPhone in 2021 Might Launch Without Any Ports: Analysts
- Counterfeit Xiaomi Products Worth Rs 13 Lakhs Seized From Delhi's Gaffar Market