Four Die in Cloth Godown Fire in Mumbai
Four workers were charred to death in a fire that gutted a cloth godown in suburban Kandivli in Mumbai on Sunday.
Image for representation.
Mumbai: Four men were charred to death in a fire that gutted a cloth godown in suburban Kandivli in Mumbai on Sunday, a civic official said today.
The blaze was reported in the facility located in Damu Nagar, near MIDC bus stop, at around 4 pm on Sunday, said an official from the Disaster Management Unit of the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC).
"Four casualties were recovered from debris of the godown by fire personnel who were conducting fire fighting operations at the spot by 5 AM on Monday", he said.
They were taken to Shatabdi Hospital in Kandivli, where doctors declared them dead, he said.
Investigations are underway as authorities have yet to determine the cause of the blaze. The official said fire personnel are conducting search operations at the storeroom premises.
When asked about the identity of the deceased, the official said prima facie that they are workers, but it is yet to be confirmed.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- War Box Office: Hrithik Roshan, Tiger Shroff Join Rs 300 Crore Club as Film Hits Triple Century
- PUBG Mobile: Payload Mode Arriving on October 23, Here’s Everything we Know
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi Meets Pilot Who Built a 6-Seater Aircraft on His Terrace
- OnePlus TV 55Q1 Pro Review: Mildly Eccentric But You’ll Love a Great QLED Display
- OnePlus TVs Will Get The Netflix App Soon, But We Don’t Know Exactly When