Four Feared Drowned Off Mumbai's Juhu Beach, One Rescued
A communication from the navy informed that it had deployed its SeaKing 42C helicopters and divers for the rescue.
Image for representation only.
Mumbai: Four people are feared to have drowned off the Juhu beach here after a group of five ventured into the sea for a swim on Thursday evening, police said.
“The sea was rough and there was high tide when they ventured into the sea for a swim at around 5.30pm,” deputy commissioner of police, zone IX, Paramjit Singh Dahiya said.
One of them, 22-year-old Wasim Khan, has been rescued, while the search for the other four persons was underway, he said, adding that helicopters had also been deployed as part of the efforts.
A communication from the navy informed that it had deployed its SeaKing 42C helicopters and divers for the rescue. The statement added that the Coast Guard would join the search operation from Friday morning.
Those feared drowned have been identified as Fardeen Saudagar, 17, Sohail Khan, 17, Faisal Sheikh, 17, and Nazeer Gazi, 22, police said. The five were residents of DN Nagar area in suburban
Andheri, police said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- What Will Realme Achieve From The Twitter Battles Against Xiaomi And Poco?
- Bigg Boss 13: Shefali Jariwala Claims Asim Riaz Used to Hit on Her, Shilpa Shinde Calls Her 'Sidharth's Puppet'
- 'Not Cute Anymore': Video Capturing Koala Bear's Actual Voice is Freaking Twitter Out
- Indian Railways to Use Facial Recognition Despite Backlash Due to Privacy Concerns
- Kartik Aaryan-Sara Ali Khan Matching Steps in Love Aaj Kal Track 'Haan Main Galat' Gets Fans Grooving