Four Get Rigorous Imprisonment in Vyapam Case
The CBI had filed a chargesheet on June 29, 2016, against the four accused for impersonation, cheating and forgery.
Picture for Representation.
Bhopal: Four people accused in one of the cases pertaining to the Vyapam scam have been sentenced to four years rigorous imprisonment each by a special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court.
The agency had registered a case on the allegations that candidate Deepak Jatav conspired with middlemen Dewan Jatav and Bhagirath Jatav to get impersonator Laxminarayan Jatav to appear in the written examination for the post of forest guard in 2013. The exam was conducted by Vyapam at a school in Madhya Pradesh’s Morena.
After investigation, the CBI had filed a chargesheet on June 29, 2016, against the four accused for impersonation, cheating and forgery.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- India vs West Indies | 'All Credit to Team' - Kohli on Surpassing Ganguly's Record
- Saltwater and Metal-Eating Bacteria: How the Titanic is Slowly Being 'Consumed' By the Ocean
- Apple Watch Saved This Woman's Life by Detecting Atrial Fibrillation And Possible Stroke
- PV Sindhu Makes India Proud Again: PM Modi Praises the World Champion
- The Royal Enfield Twin Endurance Render Puts All The Right Ideas Into Our Heads