Four, Including Two Children, Suffocate to Death in Chennai Fire
Four persons, including two children, died of suffocation, while nearly 15 vehicles were gutted after a fire on Monday broke out in an apartment complex in the city.
Image for representation only (Photo: PTI)
Chennai: Four persons, including two minors, died of suffocation after a fire broke out in an apartment complex in the city on Monday. Nearly 15 vehicles parked near the apartment were also gutted in the fire.
The incident happened early on Monday at Vadapalani locality when a fire in the building's vehicle parking area engulfed the apartment, police said.
The victims have been identified as Selvi (30), Meenakshi (60), Shalini (10) and Sanjay (4).
Five persons, who sustained injuries, were admitted to a hospital and their condition was said to be stable.
A short-circuit was suspected to have caused the fire, police said.
A case was registered by the Vadapalani police and a forensic team was investigating the scene.
(With agency inputs)
Recommended For You
- Nick Jonas On Engagement With Priyanka Chopra: Congratulates Himself on Landing Mrs Jonas
- Kerala Floods: Google, Facebook, Truecaller and Qkopy Pitch in With New Features
- Gold, Satyameva Jayate Box Office Collections Day 2: Both the Films See a Major Dip in the Business
- Kerala Floods: Technology Can Help During Natural Disasters And The Devastation Left in Their Wake
- Meat-heavy Low-carb Diets Can 'Shorten Lifespan'