Four Killed After 2 Bikes Collide, Riders Run Over by Speeding Truck in UP
The incident took place on Saturday when two motorcycles collided and before the riders could stand, they were run over by a speeding truck.
Image for representation. (Image: PTI)
Pilibhit (Uttar Pradesh): Four persons were killed when they were run over by a speeding truck after falling from their motorcycles near the Khamria tri-section, police said on Sunday.
The incident took place on Saturday when four persons — Prempal (30), his cousins Rooplal (34), Ram Niwas (30) and Sanjeev (28) — were returning from Simariya village, they said.
As they came near the Khamaria tri-section, both the motorcycles collided, and the riders fell on the ground, police said.
Before they could stand, they were run over by a speeding truck. Rooplal, Ram Niwas and Sanjeev died on the spot, while Prempal succumbed at a hospital, they said.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem examination, police said, adding that a search has been launched to trace the truck
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- BSNL Rs 777 Broadband Plan Gets You 50 Mbps Speed And 500GB Data
- Salman Khan Promises 'Mad Manoranjan' with Bigg Boss 13 Promo, Announces Launch Date
- Producer Vikas Gupta Reacts to Link Up Rumours With Kasautii Zindagii Kay Star Erica Fernandes
- UK Clothing Brand Trolled for Trying to Sell Indian-Style Kurta as 'Vintage Boho Dress'
- Apple TV Plus Shows, Prices Compared with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar, Zee5