Four Militants Gunned Down in J&K's Baramulla; Soldier Injured: Officials
Security forces had launched a search operation in the Ladoora forests in Rafiabad area on Monday following information about the presence of militants.
Image for representation. (PTI)
Srinagar: Four militants were killed by security forces in an encounter in the forests of Baramulla district in Jammu and Kashmir on Wednesday, officials said.
A soldier was also injured, they said. Security forces had launched a search operation in the Ladoora forests in Rafiabad area on Monday following information about the presence of militants, a police official said.
The search operation turned into a gunbattle this morning with both sides exchanging fire, he said. One soldier was injured in the initial firefight, he said.
An Army official said four militants were killed in the operation which was still on.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Hyderabad Encounter: Petition Filed in NHRC Seeking Autopsy of Bodies of the Rape Accused
- Data Protection Law Gets Closer to Reality With Stiff Penalties for Data Leaks And Breaches
- Counterfeit Xiaomi Products Worth Rs 13 Lakhs Seized From Delhi's Gaffar Market
- 'Black Friday': Italian Newspaper Sparks Race Row With Front Page Headline on Lukaku, Smalling Clash
- I-League 2019-20: NEROCA FC Host Northeast Rivals Aizawl FC in First Home Game