4 Militants Killed as Security Forces Repel Attack on CRPF Camp in J&K
Four militants were killed on Monday after security forces repelled an attack on a Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) camp in Sumbal area of Bandipora district in Jammu and Kashmir.
Srinagar: Four militants were killed on Monday after security forces repelled an attack on a Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) camp in Sumbal area of Bandipora district in Jammu and Kashmir.
According to police, the heavily armed militants tried to enter the camp of 45 Battalion CRPF at Sumbal in Bandipora at around 4:10 am by opening fire at the sentry post.
Confirming the incident, J&K DGP Shesh Paul Vaid tweeted, "45 Bn @crpfindia/@JmuKmrPolice killed 4 terrorists at Sumbal #Bandipore who were attempting suicidal attack on CRPF camp. #JaiHind
— Shesh Paul Vaid (@spvaid) June 5, 2017
The firing was responded to by the guards even as police reinforcement was rushed to the scene. Sources said, the militants were eliminated before they could enter the camp.
"Four militants were killed in the retaliatory firing and the suicide attack was foiled," a police official said in a statement to PTI.
AKs and huge quantity of grenades recovered. I compliment the alertness of CRPF & J&K Policemen. pic.twitter.com/Uz6Zi6PpS4— Shesh Paul Vaid (@spvaid) June 5, 2017
Four AK rifles, one UBGL (Underbarrel Grenade Launcher) and some ammunition were recovered from the slain militants, he added.
(With PTI inputs)
Recommended For You
- Payal Rohatgi Files Complaint Against Ajaz Khan Over Derogatory Video
- Hima Das Wins Fifth Gold of the Month as She Returns to 400m Event
- Sophie Turner, Joe Jonas Give the Biggest Shout-out to Priyanka Chopra Jonas on Her Birthday
- Reliance Jio Q1 Results: Users Consume More Data Per Month as Jio Overtakes Airtel
- PUBG Mobile: Here are Top Five Features Added With Season 8