Four New Fellowships for Young Scientists, Researchers: Registration Begins 1st Feb 2018, Know more here!
The AWSAR scheme aims to encourage science writing, popularize and reward PhD scholars.
Picture for Representation.
“Launched four schemes to promote #YoungScientists – to tap latent potential of faculty of universities, overseas visiting fellowship, reward distinguished principal investigators of #SERB/DST projects and #ScienceWriting by #PhDscholars” tweeted Dr. Harsh Vardhan after announcing the four fellowships viz Teacher Associateship for Research Excellence (TARE), Overseas Visiting Doctoral Fellowship, Distinguished Investigator Award and Augmenting Writing Skills for Articulating Research, AWSAR.
Launched four schemes to promote #YoungScientists – to tap latent potential of faculty of universities, overseas visiting fellowship, reward distinguished principal investigators of #SERB/DST projects and #ScienceWriting by #PhDscholars. pic.twitter.com/ph7HR4VPpX
— Dr. Harsh Vardhan (@drharshvardhan) January 24, 2018
Let us take you through these four fellowship programmes in detail and unfold the benefits they bring to the Young Scientists and Researchers of India:
1. Teacher Associateship for Research Excellence (TARE)
The TARE scheme will assist 500 teachers by connecting them to institutions like IIT, IISc, CSIR, etc near to their existing place of work to pursue research programmes. The selected candidates will receive a yearly pay of ₹5 Lakh besides a monthly out-of-pocket expense of ₹5,000.
2. Overseas Visiting Doctoral Fellowship
The Overseas Visiting Doctoral Fellowship scheme will facilitate 100 PhD scholars to get training in foreign Universities or Labs for up to 12 months during their doctoral research. The selected candidates will receive a monthly fellowship equivalent to $2000 (US) besides a one-time contingency allowance of ₹60,000 covering their visa and travel fee.
3. Distinguished Investigator Award
The Distinguished Investigator Award will reward 100 fellowships to Principal Investigators of SERB/DST projects. The one-time career award will be given on the basis of a completed project and aims at early reward and recognition of young scientists. The selected candidates will receive a monthly fellowship of ₹15,000 for three years and an optional research grant, based on peer review of the project submitted.
4. Augmenting Writing Skills for Articulating Research (AWSAR)
The AWSAR scheme aims to encourage science writing, popularize and reward PhD scholars. The 100 best entries of the year will receive a cash incentive of ₹10,000/- each while the Top 3 stories out of these 100 selected entries, will receive ₹1 Lakh, ₹50,000/- and ₹25,000/- respectively.
Recommended For You
- Avengers Endgame: Here's Why Don Cheadle Refuses to Do Press Conference With Mark Ruffalo
- PUBG Mobile 0.10.5 Update Goes Live: Adds Royale Pass Season 5, MK47 Mutant But no Zombie Mode
- Secret to Male Sexual Stamina is Veggies? PETA's New Ad on 'Toxic Masculinity' is a Total Facepalm
- Vivo Republic Day Sale: Discounts up to Rs 10,000 on Vivo V11 Pro, Vivo NEX And More on Amazon And Flipkart
- Ranji Trophy 2018-19 Quarter-Finals, Day 4: As it Happened
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s