Four of Family Commit Suicide in Jalandhar, Call Up Neighbours Before Consuming Poison
The woman and her three children were living in Punjab's Manko village, while her husband lives in Dubai.
Jalandhar: Four persons of a family here allegedly committed suicide after consuming some poisonous substance, police said on Saturday.
The deceased, residents of Manko village here, were identified as Bakhshinderjit Kaur (45), her three children Jaspreet Singh (18), Balpreet Kaur (14) and Harmanjit Singh (12), Adampur police station Inspector Sarabjit Singh said.
Jaspreet Singh had even called up their neighbours and told them about consuming poison on Friday night, police said.
They were taken to hospital where they died, they said.
Bakhshinderjit Kaur's husband, Ajit Singh, is living in Dubai, they said.
Police said the post-mortem of the bodies was conducted and further investigations are underway.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Why Dyson Air Purifiers Are Smarter Than Most: Better Filters And Smarter Testing
- I-League Clubs to be in ISL as AFC-AIFF Decide on Single League Roadmap
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 14 Written Update: Salman Khan Eliminates Koena Mitra on Weekend Ka Vaar
- All-New BMW 3-Series Test Drive Review: Performance in the Lap of Luxury
- Video of Pune Electric Bus Getting Charged Through a Diesel Generator Surfaces, Twitter Has a Field Day