GET Stock QuotesNews18 APP
News18 English
Powered by cricketnext logo
»
1-min read

Four Sanitation Workers Suffocate to Death in Gujarat 's Vadodra While Cleaning Drain

According to police, the workers apparently inhaled toxic fumes and fell unconscious inside while cleaning a sewer line.

PTI

Updated:December 2, 2018, 10:25 PM IST
facebookTwittergoogleskypewhatsapp
Four Sanitation Workers Suffocate to Death in Gujarat 's Vadodra While Cleaning Drain
Representative image (Getty Images)
Loading...
Vadodara: Four sanitation workers died of asphyxiation while cleaning a drain in Vadodara district of Gujarat Sunday, police said.

The incident took place on the premises of Global Gourmet company on Maser Roadin Padra tehsil.

"The workers were cleaning a sewer line on the company premises. They apparently inhaled toxic fumes and fell unconscious inside," said sub-inspector N M Rathod of Vadu police station.

They were declared dead on arrival at a hospital at Jambusar in neighbouringBharuch district, he added.

The cause of death was believed to be asphyxiation though autopsy was yet to be conducted, he said.

The victims were identified as Askiran Solanki, Kamlesh Jadha, Manish Padhiyar and Vinod Jadhav.

District Superintendent of Police Tarun Duggal confirmed the incident and said further probe is on.
Read full article
Loading...
Next Story
Next Story

Also Watch

facebookTwittergoogleskypewhatsapp

Live TV

Loading...
Countdown To Elections Results
  • 01 d
  • 12 h
  • 38 m
  • 09 s
To Assembly Elections 2018 Results