Four Students Walking Along Railway Track Killed After Being Hit by Train in Tamil Nadu
Five youth had consumed liquor near a college in the city on the night of Wednesday and were walking on the railway track when the incident occurred, police said.
Coimbatore: Four students, who were walking along the railway track near Irugur here reportedly under the influence of liquor, were killed after being hit by a Chennai-bound express train early on Thursday, police said.
Five youth had consumed liquor near a college in the city on the night of Wednesday and were walking on the railway track when the incident occurred, they said.
They failed to notice the Alappuzha-Chennai train coming towards them, resulting in the death of four of them on the spot.
Another youth sustained serious injuries, they added. The deceased were aged between 21 and 23 years. Investigation is on, police said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Blake Lively-Ryan Reynolds' Plantation Wedding Photos Banned After Civil Rights Group Protests
- Bigg Boss 13: Rani Mukerji Asks Salman Khan About His Old Promise to Have a Baby, His Answer is Hilarious
- #BoycottPanipat Trends on Twitter After Protest in Rajasthan Over 'Wrong Facts' in Film
- Watch | Tiemoue Bakayoko Forgets His Number and Almost Substitutes Himself
- Woman Allegedly Stung 'Multiple Times' by Scorpion Aboard United Airlines Flight