Four Trampled to Death by Elephant in Tamil Nadu
The 12-year-old girl was sleeping in the veranda of her house when the elephant, which strayed into human habitations some days ago from nearby Madukkarai forest
Image for representational purpose only. (Reuters/ Philimon Bulawayo/ File Photo)
Coimbatore: Four persons, including a minor girl, were trampled to death and two others injured by an elephant at Vellalore area in the outskirts of the city on Friday.
The 12-year-old girl was sleeping in the veranda of her house when the elephant, which strayed into human habitations some days ago from nearby Madukkarai forests, trampled her to death at around 3.30 AM, police said.
The pachyderm then moved away from the area and attacked and grievously injured three more persons, including two women.
They were rushed to the government hospital here, but did not respond to treatment and passed away, police said.
The injured persons have been hospitalised.
Forest department officials said they are taking efforts to drive away the pachyderm into the forest by bringing in 'kumkis' (tamed elephants) and also trying to tranquilise it and urged people not to venture out of their homes.
Recommended For You
- Amitabh Bachchan Returns To Mumbai After Thugs Of Hindostan Shoot, Ready To Work On Future Projects
- Elavenil Valarivan Wins Gold in Junior World Cup, Bronze for Babuta
- Did Sylvester Stallone Just Get Confused Between Salman Khan and Bobby Deol?
- Royal Enfield Himalayan Shows Why It's Better Than Bajaj Dominar 400 in Facebook Viral Video
- Usain Bolt Set to Begin Borussia Dortmund Trial on Friday