Freedom Fighter, Former MP Laxminarayan Nayak Dies at 101
Laxminarayan Nayak was ill for some time, his family said. He had represented Khajuraho Lok Sabha seat from 1997 -1980. Before that, he was elected as MLA from Niwari assembly seat in 1957.
Niwari: Laxminarayan Nayak, centenarian freedom fighter and former MP, died at Niwari town in Madhya Pradesh due to age-related illness on Saturday.
Nayak (101) was ill for some time, his family said. He had represented Khajuraho Lok Sabha seat from 1997 -1980. Before that, he was elected as MLA from Niwari assembly seat in 1957.
During freedom struggle, Nayak was imprisoned several times.
Niwari's Sub Divisional Officer Vandana Rajput said that Nayak's last rites were performed with state honours on Saturday evening.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Rani Mukerji Says Mardaani 2 to Release Without Promotional Songs
- India’s Personal Data Protection Bill is Heading For Review: Everything You Must Know
- Love Has 'Nose' Limits: Picture Of Two-Toed Sloths 'Taking It Slow' Goes Viral
- Google Top Trends 2019: Cricket World Cup Most Searched News Event in India
- Pakistani Fans Roast 'Injured' Pacer Hasan Ali for Walking Down the Ramp With 'Rib Fractures'