From Tomorrow, UP Police will Drop Women to their Destinations at Late Hours
If any woman is alone on the streets from 10pm to 6pm, she can dial 112. The Police Response Vehicle with women police personnel will drop her to her destination, said DGP OP Singh.
Lucknow: Come Tuesday, Uttar Pradesh Police will drop women travelling alone late at night to their destination to ensure their safety.
If any woman is alone on the streets from 10pm to 6pm, she can dial 112. The Police Response Vehicle (PRV) with women police personnel will drop her to her destination, said Director General of Police OP Singh on Monday.
The PRV will also escort women driving scooters, if the need arises, he said.
A similar initiative has been implemented in Sikkim and Punjab.
The move came days after a veterinarian in Hyderabad was raped and murdered and a rape victim burnt alive by five men, including the two who had allegedly raped her, in Unnao.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Khatron Ke Khiladi 10 Promo Out, Rohit Shetty Welcomes Contestants To His ‘Darr Ki University’
- Bigg Boss 13: Anup Soni Supports Sidharth Shukla, Says He Never Misbehaved on Balika Vadhu Sets
- Cat Fight: UK Couple Wins Rs 18 Lakh Court Case to Stop Neighbour from Feeding Pet Feline
- Virat Kohli Spotted Driving His New Audi Q8 SUV For the First Time
- Apple Acquires Xnor.ai, an Edge-based AI Startup, for $200 Million