Furious at Being Spurned, West Bengal Man Kills Boyfriend’s Six-year-old Son
The accused told police that he was in a relationship with the child’s father but the latter had started deliberately avoiding him lately.
Image for representation. (PTI photo)
Kolkata: A 25-year-old man was on Tuesday arrested for killing the six-year-old son of his lover in Bhangor’s Kashipur in West Bengal on Monday night.
The accused, identified as Safiul Mollah, told police that he was in a relationship with the child’s father but the latter had started deliberately avoiding him recently. Spurned by his lover, Mollah strangulated the boy in a fit of rage and threw the body a few meters from his home.
A Times of India report said that police got suspicious about Mollah after they questioned the child’s mother who told police how she discovered her husband’s relationship with Mollah and her distrust for him.
The child’s body has been sent for post mortem and a murder case has been registered against the accused.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 14 Written Update: Salman Khan Eliminates Koena Mitra on Weekend Ka Vaar
- PM Modi Becomes Most Followed Leader with 30 Million Followers on Instagram
- 'Just Get Dark Skinned Actors': Ayushmann-Bhumi's 'Bala' Draws Criticism for 'Brownface'
- Bigg Boss 13: Salman Khan Announces Sidharth Shukla to be Rashami Desai's Slave, She Refuses
- Neymar Gets Injured Again, Limps Out of Brazil's Friendly Against Nigeria