New Delhi: Garmin launched a fitness band - Vivofit - in India. Vivofit is claimed to be the only fitness band that automatically greets users with a personalised daily goal, tracks their progress and reminds them when it's time to move.
It features curved display that always stays on. The fitness band shows steps, goal countdown, calories, distance, and time of day. It comes with replaceable batteries that are claimed to last for over a year. The Vivofit fitness band is water-resistant (up to 50 metres), and is compatible with ANT+ heart rate monitors for fitness activities.
Vivofit is exclusively available on e-commerce website Flipkart.com at a price of Rs 9,990. It come in both black and slate colours. Customers can also purchase purple, teal and blue colour belts.
Vivofit learns users' current activity level, and then assigns an attainable daily goal. As milestones are met, Vivofit will adjust the goal for the next day. A red move bar appears on the display after one hour of inactivity and builds when users have been sitting too long. Walking for a couple of minutes will reset the move bar, and get users out of the red.
Setting the sleep mode when going to bed allows Vivofit to monitor the quality of rest. At Garmin Connect, users can see a complete picture of their progress through reports and graphical representations, including their total sleep hours, as well as periods of movement and restful sleep.
Vivofit: Tech specs
- Unit Dimensions: 21 mm wide x 10.5 mm thick (length varies based on band size (small and large))
- Band sizes: 4.7-6.9"/120-175 mm (small); 6.0-8.3"/152-210 mm (large)
- Display size (WxH): 25.5 mm x 10 mm
- Weight: 25.5 g
- Battery: Two replaceable CR1632 coin cells
- Battery life: More than 1 year
- GPS-enabled: no
- Water resistant: yes (up to 50 m)
- History: Stores more than 1 month of 24/7 activity data on device between syncs
- Heart rate monitor compatible: yes
- Wireless sync: yes (Bluetooth® Smart technology or USB ANT™ Stick)
- Garmin Connect™ compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data): yes
- Customizable screen(s): yes
- On-device data fields/screens: Daily step count, goal countdown, distance, calories, time of day, heart rate and heart rate zone (heart rate and heart rate zone - available when used with an ANT+ heart rate monitor)