Gehlot Orders Lockdown in Rajasthan Till Mar 31, Exempts Essential Services to COVID-19 Spread
All government offices, malls, factories, public transport etc. will remain shut during the period, he said. So far, 25 people have tested positive for Covid-19 in the state and report of 40 others are awaited.
File photo of Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot.
Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Saturday directed a "complete lockdown" in the state, except for essential services, till March 31.
There will be a "complete lockdown", barring essential and medical services, in the state from March 22-March 31 to contain the spread of novel coronavirus and keep people safe, he said in a statement.
Gehlot took the decision at a high-level meeting with the top officials.
All government offices, malls, factories, public transport etc. will remain shut during the period, he said.
So far, 25 people have tested positive for Covid-19 in the state and report of 40 others are awaited.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Surviving a Crisis: Naming Babies 'Covid' and 'Lockdown' is Okay Because Birth Trumps Death
- India's Youngest Differently-Abled Chess Prodigy Donates 2 Lakh Prize Money to PM CARES Fund
- Salman Khan's Radhe Crew Member Confirms Actor Deposited Money into Their Accounts Despite No Shoot
- Xiaomi Phones to Cost More: All The New Price Tags of Redmi Smartphones
- Disney+ Hotstar is Now Live in India: Here Are All The Subscription Options