Ghaziabad Admin Seals 7 Coaching Centres for Violating Anti-fire Norms Days Surat Incident
The administration has decided to survey the district for a week to find out if any more coaching institutes are violating the anti-fire norms.
Firefighters work to douse the flames at the Takshashila Complex in Surat on May 24, 2019. (AP Photo/Sarju Parekh)
Ghaziabad: The Ghaziabad district administration Tuesday sealed seven coaching institutes in the city for not having fire fighting equipment.
The coaching centres will remain shut till their owners do not acquire 'no objection certificates' from the Fire Department, said District Magistrate Ritu Maheshwari.
They have been ordered to install fire fighting systems and to recruit trained manpower to operate them. Stringent action will be initiated against those flouting these instructions, she said.
The sealed institutes are identified as Friends Coaching Centre, Aryabhatt Coaching Centre, Ameesh Academy, KD Campus, Shreshtha IAS, Balaji IAS and Mannat Academy.
The administration has decided to survey the district for a week to find out if any more coaching institutes are violating the anti-fire norms, the district magistrate added.
The action follows a major fire at a coaching institute in Surat of Gujarat Friday in which over 20 students died.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Puma Has an Interactive Store Where You Can Also Get Your New Shoes Customized
- Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar and Ananya Panday's First Looks From Pati Patni Aur Woh Revealed
- Watch: Ducklings Enjoy Makeshift Water Slide Leaving Netizens Amused
- 'Respect Culture': Woman Arrested for Wearing Bikini That Was Too 'Revealing'
- WhatsApp Has Some New Features For iPhone Users And You Can Use Them Now