Ghaziabad Admin Seals 7 Coaching Centres for Violating Anti-fire Norms Days Surat Incident
The administration has decided to survey the district for a week to find out if any more coaching institutes are violating the anti-fire norms.
Firefighters work to douse the flames at the Takshashila Complex in Surat on May 24, 2019. (AP Photo/Sarju Parekh)
Ghaziabad: The Ghaziabad district administration Tuesday sealed seven coaching institutes in the city for not having fire fighting equipment.
The coaching centres will remain shut till their owners do not acquire 'no objection certificates' from the Fire Department, said District Magistrate Ritu Maheshwari.
They have been ordered to install fire fighting systems and to recruit trained manpower to operate them. Stringent action will be initiated against those flouting these instructions, she said.
The sealed institutes are identified as Friends Coaching Centre, Aryabhatt Coaching Centre, Ameesh Academy, KD Campus, Shreshtha IAS, Balaji IAS and Mannat Academy.
The administration has decided to survey the district for a week to find out if any more coaching institutes are violating the anti-fire norms, the district magistrate added.
The action follows a major fire at a coaching institute in Surat of Gujarat Friday in which over 20 students died.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Swift Launched With BS-VI Spec Petrol Engine at Rs 5.14 Lakh
- Benoit Paire, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga Showcase Football Skills During Match Rally at Halle Open
- Angelina Jolie And Keanu Reeves Dating, Claim Multiple Reports
- Xiaomi is Making Fun of Other Android Smartphones With Notches, as it Promotes The Mi 9T
- OnePlus 7 Pro 5G Belatedly Gets the Oxygen OS 9.5.4 Update With Bug Fixes And Improvements
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s