Ghaziabad Couple Consumes Poison After Families Cancel Wedding Over Dowry, Woman Dies
Pooja became unconscious after consuming sulphas tablets while the man, identified as Subodh, called up his parents.
Ghaziabad: A 19-year-old woman died and her fiancé was in critical condition after they consumed a poisonous substance at a hotel here, police said on Friday. The incident took place on the intervening night of November 29 and 30, said SP (city) Shlok Kumar.
The two took the extreme step after their marriage was cancelled following a dispute over dowry, he said. Pooja became unconscious after consuming sulphas tablets while the man, identified as Subodh, called up his parents, Kumar said. They were rushed to a nearby hospital, where the woman was declared brought dead by doctors.
Subodh's condition was stated to be critical, the SP said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Sanjay Kapoor Trolls Malaika Arora on New 'Saturday Blues' Instagram Post
- Did 'Sacred Games' 2 Have an Obvious, Glaring Error in its Season Finale Episode?
- Flipkart Begins Roll-out of Video Service: Here is Everything You Need to Know
- 'Superman': Tiger Shroff Deadlifts 200KG With an Ease, Impresses Ishaan Khatter and Fans
- Instagram Users Can Report False Content And Expect Fact Checkers to Verify it