Ghaziabad Man Who Suspected Wife of Adultery Kills Her & 3 Kids, Commits Suicide
Parents of the couple informed Masuri police station after they did not wake up despite repeated knocking on their room door, which was bolted from inside, a senior police official said.
Ghaziabad: A man, who suspected his wife of adultery, killed her and their three children and later committed suicide in Uttar Pradesh's Ghaziabad district, police said on Friday.
The incident occurred some time on Thursday night, they added.
Parents of the couple informed Masuri police station after they did not wake up despite repeated knocking on their room door, which was bolted from inside, said Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Ghaziabad Sudhir Kumar.
According to SSP Kumar, a police team reached the residence in New Shatabdi Nagar and broke open the door to recover bodies of Pradeep (43), his daughter Mansvi (8) and sons Yashaswi (5) and Ojaswi (3). Their mouths and noses were found wrapped with a four-inch wide tape. A blood-stained hammer was also recovered from the spot.
Pradeep's wife Sangeeta (40) was found breathing so she was rushed to a nearby hospital, where she succumbed to her injuries.
"A suicide note was also recovered in which the man stated that he suspected his wife of having an illicit affair due to which there were frequent quarrels between them. The note said tired of the fights, he poisoned his wife and children, choked them by tying tapes around their face and then hit their heads with hammer," said SSP Kumar.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem.
Recommended For You
- Netflix Set to Roll Out a More Affordable Subscription Plan For India; Could be Priced Around Rs 300
- Bizarre: 4-Year-Old Australian Boy Claims to be Reincarnation of Princess Diana
- India Drawn Alongside Qatar in 2nd Round of 2022 FIFA World Cup and 2023 AFC Asian Cup Qualifiers
- Concussion Substitutes Likely Make International Debut in Ashes: Report
- Kane Williamson’s World - What if India Had Dared to Embrace it Themselves?