Ghaziabad Police Conduct Flag March Ahead of Eid, Cops Deployed in 'Sensitive' Areas
Superintendents of police, circle officers and station house officers have been asked to conduct flag marches, especially in areas with mix population, to ensure the festival passes off peacefully and in harmony.
Image for representation. (Image: PTI)
Ghaziabad: Ghaziabad police conducted a flag march in the district on Tuesday as a precautionary measure ahead of the Eid festival, a senior official said.
DIG Upendra Agarwal said superintendents of police, circle officers and station house officers have been asked to conduct flag marches, especially in areas with mix population, to ensure the festival passes off peacefully and in harmony.
In Ghaziabad city, flag march was conducted in Kotwali, Kavi Nagar, Sihani Gate, Indirapuram, Sahibabad and link road police stations areas.
Flag march was also conducted in Masuri, Murad Nagar, Modinagar, Niwari and Bhojpur areas, Agarwal said.
Police and PAC personnel have been deployed in sensitive areas, the DIG added.
The festival will be celebrated on Wednesday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Puma Has an Interactive Store Where You Can Also Get Your New Shoes Customized
- Watch: Ducklings Enjoy Makeshift Water Slide Leaving Netizens Amused
- 'Respect Culture': Woman Arrested for Wearing Bikini That Was Too 'Revealing'
- Android 10 Update Roll-Out Resumes For OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro
- Fortnite Season 10 Ends With a Bang And Darkness, But What Exactly Happened?