Girl Killed after Alleged Rape in Bihar's Bakhtiyarpur, Three Arrested
The teenager's mother alleged that her daughter was raped and strangled to death by Kundan Kumar who kept her body in a sack on the roof of the house. The police have recovered the body.
Patna: A teenager was strangled to death after being allegedly raped in a Bihar village. The police have arrested three people, including the main accused in the case.
"A woman went to a farm near her village to pick wood with her daughter on Thursday evening. Her daughter felt thirsty and went to a nearby hand pump to drink water. A young man in a nearby house saw her and forcibly pulled her into his house," police said.
The deceased's mother informed the police when her daughter didn't come back.
She alleged that her daughter was raped and strangled to death by Kundan Kumar who kept her body in a sack on the roof of the house. The police recovered the body.
Kamlesh Sharma, station in-charge of Bakhtiyarpur, told IANS on Friday that they were not sure if the girl was raped before being killed. The body has been sent for post-mortem.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- TV Actress Says Junior Artiste Raped Her, Left Her Pregnant
- Bigg Boss 13: Vishal Aditya Singh, Hindustani Bhau Lock Horns During Salman Khan's Weekend Ka Vaar Task
- Kim Kardashian Meets Rodney Reed After Texas Court Stays His Execution
- Lionel Messi Told Me to Shut My Mouth, Alleges Brazil Coach Tite But Argentine Star Has the Last Laugh
- Exclusive | WWE Star Charlotte Flair Opens Up on Rivalry-Friendship with Becky Lynch and Why She Can't Resist Indian Food