Global Temperature from 2015 to 2019 Set to be Highest on Record: Report
It is currently estimated to be 1.1 degrees C above pre-industrial (1850-1900) times, the report said.
United Nations: Average global temperature between 2015-2019 is on track to be the hottest of any five-year-period on record, a UN report by the world's leading climate agencies said Sunday.
"It is currently estimated to be 1.1 degrees C above pre-industrial (1850-1900) times and 0.2 degrees C warmer than 2011-2015," said the report titled United in Science, a synthesis of key findings.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Neha Kakkar Gets Emotional After Hearing Indian Idol Contestant's Story
- Sehwag Wins Praises for Training Kids of 'Pulwama Shaheeds' at His School
- Alexa, Pay my Mobile Bill: India Gets Amazon Pay And Alexa Payments Feature First
- Only 4 Teams Turn Up as Goa Football Association Conducts Players Draft for Indian Women's League Qualifiers
- Xiaomi Redmi Note Smartphone Series Crosses 100 Million Shipment Milestone